Dumdie Swartz knows ghosts walk among us. They’ve scared her since she was a little kid. Dumdie does her best to avoid them--harmless and dangerous, alike--even though she annoys her family when she does. Now, with her unwanted ability growing stronger, the demon possessing a boy bullying her notices her special talents and decides it wants posses her.
Buy the Book:
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U5RTMC0
- Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-ghostcrow-m-k-theodoratus/1121331636?ean=2940046609592
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22015028-the-ghost-in-the-closet
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/524046
Dumdie sees ghosts and they scare the daylights out of her, but she is about to discover there are worst things than ghosts. Something weird is happening in her town and Dumdie is caught right in the middle. Will she ever see her special abilities as anything less than a curse?
This is such a great book and Dumdie is a fantastic character. She has a uniquely special way of viewing the world around her - not just the supernatural world, but the human world as well. At her family's insistence, she tries to fit in, but there's so much in the world that is scary and confusing to her. It's been a long time since I've rooted for a character the way I rooted for Dumdie. I loved the character progression in this story and the way Dumdie slowly comes to realize that change isn't always a bad thing.
I would recommend this book to everyone!
5 out of 5 stars!!!!
About the Author:
Hooked by comic books at an early age, M. K. Theodoratus’ fascination with fantasy solidified when she discovered the Oz books by L. Frank Baum with his strong female characters. She has traveled through many fantasy worlds since then.
A sixth grade English assignment started her writing. The teacher assigned a short story. Theodoratus gave her an incomplete, 25-page Nancy Drew pastiche which turned into a full novel by the next summer. She’s been writing happily ever after ever since.
When she's not reading about other writer's worlds, she's creating her own. Most of her tales are set in the land of Andor where magic and demons clash with ordinary humans caught in the middle. She also writes in the world of the Far Isles Half-Elven where she explores the political effects of genetic drift on a mixed elf-human population.
Gargoyles, magic, ghosts, demons, and other magical beings are open game for Theodoratus. You can learn more about her writing at her author website: http://www.mktheodoratus.com or her blog, Lessons from My Reading: http://kaytheod.blogspot.com
Connect with the Author:
- Website: http://www.mktheodoratus.com
- Blog: http://kaytheod.blogspot.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/M-K-Theodoratus/235376633158175?ref=hl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaytheod
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5067004.M_K_Theodoratus
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kkaytheod/
Enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway: